Hey everyone. Today I’m reviewing Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in Sandy Beige.
About Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse:
· Revolutionary whipped formula provides an air – soft, perfect matte finish coverage, with a weightless feel.
· Color pigments offer superior coverage.
· Blends effortlessly for a soft, natural – looking, even – toned result
Usage instructions: Start by applying foundation down the center of your face first. Use just a small amount and blend it in thoroughly. Layer more if necessary to achieve the coverage you want.
Price: Rs. 525 for 18g.
Packaging: The Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse cones in a bulky glass pot, with a lid in a color corresponding to the shade of the mousse inside.
Consistency and texture: The Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse is of very light, feathery consistency. It spreads easily on the skin and forms a very thin layer.
Shade: The shade I bought is Sandy Beige, meant for medium skin tones. It is a skin coloured mousse with pink undertones to it (no yellow undertones)
My experience: After swatching the shade on my arm and my face in the store, I bought this mousse. My main expectation was oil-control or matte effect, and medium coverage. In the store, all these expectations seemed met. But as always, on coming back home, BOOM! The shade was not matching my skin tone at all. Once again, I was looking like a ghost! I somehow tried to work with this mousse, but it always left me looking white. Therefore, I do not use it anymore (used it just 2-3 times). Though, the claims of ‘weightless feel’ and ‘matte effect and coverage’ are satisfactory. No complaints on that, but what’s the point if the shade doesn’t match?
· Feels weightless on the skin
· Mattifies skin for 1-2 hours.
· Easy to use
· Shade selection is poor, almost all shades have pink undertones only! How can companies market such products in India, knowing that so many girls here have yellow undertones?
· Bulky glass packaging. The 18 grams of mousse is weightless. Its the jar which has all the weight!
· Not well priced.
Verdict: If you find the right shade, try it. But not a must-buy product in my opinion!