Today I'm reviewing the Maybelline Colossal Kajal.
I know, much has already been written and said about the Maybelline Colossal Kajal, and I just want this kajal to grace my blog-posts list too, since I really like it.
About Maybelline Colossal Kajal:
Colossal intensity + Colossal wear for Colossal striking eyes
Colossal intensity: Deepest black pigments + unique tip deliver the blackest black shine ever. Color glides on smooth and so intense!
Colossal wear: Never before 6 hours of smudge resistant wear. Exclusive color fix formula guarantees intense color results that won't smudge, budge or fade. No more touch ups.
Colossal care: The ultimate in care with a combination of 5 caring ingredients. Formula enriched with Vitamin-E soothes the eyes.
Price: Rs. 150 for 0.35 g.
Packaging: The Maybelline Colossal Kajal comes in a bright, canary-yellow cardboard packaging. It is a retractable pencil, again of canary yellow color.
Color/ texture: The Maybelline Colossal Kajal is a black kajal, but is not the blackest-black, in my opinion. Also, its not too soft for application, is a bit stiff for a kajal.
Staying power: This is the best part. The Maybelline Colossal Kajal stays on for 4-5 hours, and does not smudge much on my lower lash line. It does fade away by the end of the day.
My take on Maybelline Colossal Kajal: I have tried many kajal sticks before, but this has by far been the best budget buy. For its price, the staying power is just too good, and you cannot ignore it. All drugstore kajals usually fade on my very oily eyelids, and under eye area. This one battles it all, though it does fade away by the end of the day. But who’s complaining??
· Dirt cheap price
· Bright yellow packaging, it stands out in the stash of eye pencils!
· Easy to carry
· No need to sharpen
· Retractable, so hygienic
· Easily available
· Good staying power(on my otherwise very oily lids and under- eye area)
· Decent color pay-off
· It is waterproof
· Does not irritate/ sting the eyes
· Not a jet-black color (which I prefer for kajals)
· The pencil is not soft, as much as a kajal should be
· This is just a personal experience, but I’ve noted that with a few usages, the pencil becomes very sharp and pointed. Then I need to chip off the pointed part on a cotton ball, to make it rounded again. Product wastage!
· Needs an eye make-up remover to completely remove, and you need to tug at the eye area for this :-(
· Ingredients list???
· Maybelline tests on animals
Verdict: For the price, even after all the above cons, I love it. You must try it atleast once, this beauty deserves a chance!
Rating: 8/10 (the staying power won it for this kajal!!!)