Hey everyone! How’s the summer treating you all…its so scorching hot in Delhi. The temperature is reaching 46-47 degrees *sweat*
Anyways, writing for my blog gives me so much joy, that it makes me forget the temperature outside. Literally!
Today I’m reviewing VOV 98-in-1 eye shadow palette.
About VOV 98-in-1 eye shadow palette: This is funny now. Below is all the information that I could get:
· Eye shadow kit for girls (lmao… what else could it have been??)
· Contains 98 different shades and four brushes (not brushes, applicators, silly!)
· Light catching shimmers instantly brighten your eyes
· All day wear without fading or creasing
Price: Varies between Rs. 500-900, depending on where you’re getting it from. VOV products have no MRP. Each seller quotes a different price. I got it for Rs. 500.. Yayy
Packaging: The VOV 98-in-1 eye shadow palette comes in a rectangular, off-white case, with clear circular windows above all the shades inside. On the inside, the shades are embedded on the base, with 4 applicators tucked in the centre. The lid had a mirror on the inside. List of ingredients is mentioned on the bottom of the case.
Applicators: The VOV 98-in-1 eye shadow palette has 4 sponge-tipped applicators, which in my opinion are useless. I have just used 2 applicators, only for swatches for this post. I do not use them otherwise.
Pigmentation: The eyeshadows in this palette are decently pigmented, and they transfer to the lid well. Though a primer underneath is a must for the color to show properly. the palette that I have is palette no. 1 (I guess. That’s what’s written ont he back, but I’m only guessing), and some shades have a pearl finish, some have glittery finish. But I’m not complaining, as I do not wear eyeshadows on a daily basis.
Texture: The texture is not too smooth, but not gritty, but what else do you want for 500 bucks?
Fragrance: yes, these eye shadows come with a pleasant, flowery fragrance, which does fade away in some time.
My take: I bought this eyeshadow palette Just-Like-That! Yes, we spend our money on so many things we don’t really need, right?? This was one of them. But now that I’ve turned into a beauty blogger, I am going to put this palette to much use, for the EOTD posts. Its an okayish palette, with decent pigmentation and not-too-good staying power. Both these can be increased by using an eyelid primer or eyeshadow base (any suggestions, girls??)
I have used this palette to create the Aishwarya Rai’s Cannes inspired eye make-up look, like in the pic below:
· 98 shades in a single palette. Covers almost all colours you can think of, even an orange and a bright, bridal red.
· Easy to carry
· The size of each eyeshadow pan is around an inch, so good quantity
· Slim case, travel friendly
· 98 shades for such a less price, so you can guess the quality
· Applicators are useless
· Staying power is not too good, though a primer can help
· Pigmentation is average, can be improved with a primer, though
Verdict: Overall, if you’re not into eyeshadows for a daily basis, and if you don’t wanna spend a bomb on too many eyeshadows, this can be a good bet.