Here's another post on a celebrity make-up faux pas, and what we can learn from it.
This time, the offender is Christina Aguilera.
What's possibly wrong? Why are we criticizing her make-up here?
- The shade of the bronzer seems a little too orange for her skin-tone
- The foundation seems to be a shade lighter
- Too much powder below the eyes. She has probably used an illuminating powder under the eyes to make the under-eye area look brighter
- The brows are barely visible
- The jet-black eye-liner and kohl are not going well with the bare brows. No balance there!
- Lip color is not going well with the color of the lenses
- Bronzing/ contouring needs to be done carefully. Too much of anything is bad. Use bronzers with caution, and follow the 'less is more' policy. Also, check for the shade. A bronzer should ideally be just 1-2 shades darker than your natural skin tone.
- Use foundation in a shade which exactly matches your skin tone. A lighter foundation will not make you look fairer, it will make you look like a clown!
- Use powder judiciously. Not too much, not too less.
- If you're donning a heavy make-up look, pay attention to the brows too. Well groomed, filled-in brows are essential to completing a look.
- See if a particular lip-color is going well with a certain look, or with a certain kind of eye make-up. Don't wear just any lip color on any occasion simply because you like it. Co-ordinate things amongst themselves.
Do follow us on
to stay connected and updated!
Image courtesy: link