How’s your week going? For me, another month of the year has disappeared, and I didn’t even realize it! The Blog is nearing it’s 1st anniversary in a few days, and I’m all excited.
Anyways, today I’m reviewing the Sleek Face Contour Kit in the shade Medium. When I did the cheek contouring tutorial HERE, I got a lot of queries in the inbox for product reccomendations, and a lot of you wanted to know what products I had used. Sorry to have kept you all waiting for so long for this post!
This kit is my HG for contouring the face, and I absolutely adore it! Let’s find out more!
About Sleek Face Contour Kit- Medium: The Face Contour Kit combines a dark matte pressed powder and an illuminating highlighter, in a handbag-friendly mirrored palette. Contour Kit works to sculpt your features and has amazing slimming effects.
Price: $8.49 (Rs. 450-500 + international shipping) for a total of 14g
Packaging: The Sleek Face Contour Kit comes packed in a black cardboard box. Inside, the product comes in a sturdy, black plastic case. The products are held in two separate compartments, and the pack has a huge mirror in it. No brush/ applicator has been included in the pack. The packaging is travel friendly.
Ingredients: Refer to the below image
Shelf life: 24 months after opening
My take on Sleek Face Contour Kit- Medium: The two-in-one kit from Sleek makes for a great travel companion, and I’m using it a lot these days. Ever since I bought it, I haven’t looked elsewhere for contouring products. This one kit, and I’m sorted for contouring!
The ‘Medium’ kit has two shades in it,
· A matte earthy brown– for creating depth on the face. This shade suits my dusky complexion to the T, and does not seem to be a prominent shade. It blends well with my skin, and helps me achieve the ‘depth’ on my face. Photographs well.
· A pearlescent light golden highlighter– this shade is a gorgeous highlighter shade, and suits my dusky complexion well. Works well for the upper parts of the cheeks, and the bridge of the nose. Does not look too shimmery, and just adds some glow to the points of application. blends well, and also photographs well.
|Swatches in various lighting conditions|
Both powders are soft and smooth, they have a nice blendable texture, are not too powdery, and have minimal fall-outs.
Both the shades have a good staying power. I use this kit for evenings out or special occasions, where I’d normally wear make-up for say 6 hours, and the products stay on my face for all the time. Since the products are powder based, my oily skin loves them much! No break-outs or irritation, either. The shades are such that they can be worn during the day too, and are apt for work also,
Since this is a face kit, I haven’t tried it on the eyes (for eye contouring), and I wouldn’t recommend any of you to do that too.
Pros of Sleek Face Contour Kit- Medium:
· Smooth textured powders
· The powders blend easily
· The kit is a one-stop-shop for face contouring
· The shades in the ‘Medium’ kit will work well for medium complexions (I’m NC-45 in MAC, and this kit works great for me)
· The darker shade adds great depth to the face
· The highlighting shade isn’t too shimmery, works well
· Powdered products, so the kit is great for oily skin too (ofcourse, those with dry skin can also use it)
Cons of Sleek Face Contour Kit- Medium:
· No applicators/ brushes, so if you travel with this kit, you will need to carry two separate brushes with you for contouring, or a dual-ended brush.
· Availability in India and the shipping hassle
Verdict: If you’re looking for a single kit for contouring, look no further, and get this kit. Those with a dusky skin tone can easily pick up the kit in the ‘Medium’ shade.
Rating: 10/10 (not deducting points for the shipping)
Have you tried this kit from Sleek? What are your favourite contouring products? Let us all know in the comments below.
PS: Do check out my tutorial on ‘How to apply Blush/ Contour Cheeks’ HERE.