How much time do you spend in front of the PC everyday? I spend more than 8 hours looking at the screen in a day. Stresses out the eyes like nothing else. Add to it stress on the eyes when using the mobile phone, reading books,watching tv, etc. and you end up with super tired eyes by the end of the day. I had been on the lookout for a gel eye mask since long, and finally could buy the Faces Soothing Eye Gel mask online (details at the end of the post).
About Faces Soothing Eye Gel Mask: Cooling gel relieves tired puffy eyes & eye strain. Adjustable elastic band. Warm and cold soothing. Reusable.
Price: Rs. 135 for a single mask
Packaging: The product comes packed in a clear plastic sleeve, which can be cut open from top and can be used to store the mask while travelling too.
My take on Faces Soothing Eye Gel Mask: The mask resembles a spectacle/ swimming goggle in shape and size, so it comfortably fits around the eyes. The clear plastic covering is soft and moldable, so the mask conforms to the contours of the eyes. The elastic band helps keep the mask in place, and is of good quality, so I’m sure it won’t loosen up soon. The clips around the ends of the mask are of good quality, and are rounded, so there’s no chance of an accidental injury around the eyes.
To use this mask, you just need to put the mask in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes so that the gel gets cold. Care needs to be taken to not let it get chilled, and to not put the mask in the freezer.
The mask is a delight to use if you have tired eyes. Just apply the mask for about 10 minutes, and the eyes feel fresh and relaxed. Under eye puffiness also reduces with a few days of usage, though slowly, since the pack acts as a cold-compress.
If I blabber more here, it would get too much, I know, it’s just a mask afterall! But if you have tired puffy eyes, you must try this mask.
Needless to say, the mask has no medicinal properties and it has no effect on dark circles.
- The skin on the eyelids is thin and fragile, and excessive cold on the eyelid can result in damage to the skin and nerves. So, you need to be careful with the temperature of the mask. If you feel discomfort, remove the mask, and let the temperature come dawn for the next 1-2 minutes before reapplying. Also, the mask shouldn’t be kept on the eyes continuously for long periods. Intermittent application is advisable.
- Keep one mask for one person. Avoid sharing the mask with others, for there is a risk of eye infections if you share such things with anybody else.
Pros of Faces Soothing Eye Gel Mask:
- Easy to use mask for the eyes
- Soothes and relaxes the eyes quickly
- Reduces puffiness under the eyes
- Easy to carry
Cons of Faces Soothing Eye Gel Mask: Availability is an issue. Other than that, I see no cons with this product.
Verdict: If you have tired, puffy eyes, you know what you have to buy asap! Do read the precautions listed above, in order to best use this product.
Have you tried any gel eye masks? Do share your experiences/ recommendations.
Available at Myntra.com HERE.