Here’s presenting the seventh look this month. The weather was gloomy here when I clicked the pics, so I played around with some neon-ish bright colors, and some pigments, and I do like the end result. I have only 2 very bright colors in my palette- a canary yellow and a turquoise of sorts. I bought both these shades for my Cosmopolitan India feature in April 2013. I created neon nail paints with these eyeshadows. You can check out the detailed tutorial on DIY Neon Nail Polish HERE.
Also, some pigments that I have with me have been lying unused in the stash, screaming for attention. So I put everything to use in this one look. Started off just as an experiment, but I loved the end result. Have a look at this neon eye makeup!
Steps and products used:
- Apply primer to the upper lid- used Inglot Eye makeup Base 02
- Next I applied an yellow eyeshadow to the inner half of the lid- Inglot eyeshadow Matte 370
- Then, I applied a turquoise eyeshadow to the outer half- Kryolan eyeshadow Matt UV Blue
- I blended both the shades at the centre of the lid, with some turquoise pigment on a fluffy brush (and hence the eye shadows look a little washed out at the center of the lid). If you want, you can go ahead and intensify the yellow and blue eye shadows here. I did not..Like it this way. I used the turquoise pigment from the Faces Sparkle Dust stack- Wish.
- Applied a touch of dark blue eyeshadow to the outer corner using a slanted brush- not much! Inglot Freedom System eyeshadow refill- Matte 321.
- Apply the same eye shadows to the lower lash line too- dark blue on the outer corner, turquoise blue in the center and yellow in the inner corner.
- Line the upper lash line (MAC Fluidline- Blacktrack) and apply kohl to the lower rim (Lakme Absolute Kohl Ultimate)
- Curl lashes and apply mascara.
Swatches without base/ primer
Done! The steps involved are simple, and you can play with the intensity of colors and the pigment used, as per your comfort. I definitely think you can wear this look to a function safely, ofcourse, with n*de lips and a contoured face.
How did you like the look? Do let me know below 🙂