Today I’m reviewing my most-favorite and also most-expensive make-up remover till date 😛 I bought the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm just a few days back.. I had actually tried in store twice, and fell head-over heels in love with it. Just HAD to buy it! Read on to know why I love it sooo much 😀
Price: Rs. 2000 for 125mL
Packaging: Clinique ‘Take The Day Off’ Cleansing Balm comes in a huge round pot. The pack is almost the same size as TBS body butters… It has a lavender colored body, and a shiny metallic silver lid (which can double up as a mirror for touch-ups, if need be). Tub packaging means that it is a little less hygienic, but not if you take proper precautions. Bulky pack makes travelling with this one difficult. But still the packaging is justified. Why? Continue reading 🙂
Ingredients: Check the image below 🙂
My take on Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm: The product is a white colored waxy product, with a very thick consistency in the tub. Looks like ‘Vicks Vaporub’ or thick solidified butter in the tub. On coming in contact with the skin, because of body temperature, it instantly starts melting and turns liquidy/ oil-like. So I basically scoop out some product with a q-tip (because of the texture, it needs to be scooped out, to avoid contamination) and apply it to the areas of the face which have make-up on. It instantly melts into the skin, and spreads easily. I then let it rest for about 30 seconds, and then wipe off the skin with a wet cotton-round. One single swipe takes away almost all make-up! Like, even waterproof stuff! I then wash my face with regular cleanser and water.
It doesn’t feel heavy on the skin, and my oily skin hasn’t borken out or reacted negatively in the last few days (have been using it daily), so it is safe for everyone! Being a Clinique product, it is fragrance free and is safe for sensitive skin.
This product has one more use: Spot correction! Yes, I know you’d say ‘But Ritu, we can use our regular bi-phasic remover too for that’. Of course, you can. But this is better! If you use a regular bi-phasic remover on a q-tip for correction, say, some mascara gets smudged under the eye, you’ll remove that, but the oil in the remover will smear onto the nearby areas, and dissolve that make-up too.
With this balm, you just touch the q-tip to the balm, and dab it precisely onto the area where you need to spot-correct, and dab a tissue over it. Done! Nothing on the sides gets altered.
I know I’m beginning to sound as if I’m endorsing the product, but I cannot rave enough about it.. You’ll know only when you use it!
Pros of Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm:
- Balm-like texture in the tub, so there’s no chance of any leakage from the box if you travel with it
- Dissolves to a molten-butter consistency as it comes in contact with the skin
- Removes every trace of make-up, effortlessly
- Does not irritate the eyes, or cause any problems on the skin
- Doesn’t feel too heavy on the face, though I do like washing my face after using this product
- Perfect for spot make-up corrections
- One tub will last a good long time!
- Suitable for all skin types
- Ophthalmologically tested!
- Fragrance free
Cons of Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm:
- I know this texture couldn’t have been packed in any other kind of packaging, but I just wish it came in some other form of packaging than a tub
- I really wish this was available in smaller packs too- would be really nice to travel with. The current tub is impractical when it comes to travelling 🙁
Verdict: Do buy this make-up remover- you will truly love it, I’m telling you! If you’re still not convinced, try this for yourself when you go to Clinique next!
Rating: 9.9/10 (-0.1 for the huge tub!)
Have you tried Clinique ‘Take The Day Off’ Cleansing Balm? Your views? Do share in the comments below 🙂