Today I’m reviewing my current favorite hair serum, and which, I believe, has been a major contributor towards my hair looking better. I have been using the Kerastase Elixir Ultime- Moringa Immortel for more than 2 months now, and I truly believe it works miracles! You have already seen this product in my current hair-care regime post. Read on for the detailed review 🙂
Price: Rs. 2300 for 125mL
Packaging: The serum/ elixir comes in a translucent greenish bottle, with a matte golden cap, which has a nozzle dispenser. The upper part of the cap rotates to lock/ unlock, so there’s no risk of spillage during travel. The packaging looks really nice, I like to flaunt this bottle on my dresser 😛 The bottle comes in a reflective greenish cardboard packaging (which, btw, was a toughie during the product photography session, reflects light so much!).
Ingredients: Mentioned below 🙂
My take on Kerastase Elixir Ultime- Moringa Immortel: This green/ Moringa variant is meant for those with damaged hair. Now, when I bought this precious bottle, I did have damaged hair. Like, very damaged, rough hair! And now I don’t! The serum is a transparent, light weight, runny fluid, with a light texture. The serum spreads very easily onto the hair, and around 2 pumpfuls are enough to cover my hair upto the mid-back. I do not apply it around the scalp, since I already have a very oily one! The serum works really well at taming my frizzy, dry hair (ends) and makes the hair look and feel soft and shiny, and healthy. It has helped with the split-ends to a major extent, so much so that I have hardly any split ends at the moment 😀
The serum has quite a few uses, and is a multi-tasker in itself:
- As a regular, post-wash leave in serum: This is how I use it most. Love the effects.
- As a pre-wash deep conditioning treatment: Helps condition the hair properly, and makes them soft and manageable, and tangle-free.
- As a heat protector: I hardly use any form of heat on my hair these days, but when I do, I reach out to this serum for hair protection. It has worked well this way too, and never disappoints.
- As a hair-reviver the day after the wash: Many a times, I tend to face this problem of dull-looking hair a day after the wash. Kerastase Elixir Ultime- Moringa Immortel comes to my rescue again! Makes the hair shiny in an instant.
The serum has a light, floral + citrus fragrance, which stays for some time in the hair, and disappears later. Not a strong fragrance, so I’m okay with that! It does not weigh down my thin hair, till the time I apply the right amount of product. If too much of it is applied, of course the hair will go flat!
Coming to the most important thing- the price! Yes it is pricey, it really is! But then it is a luxury brand, and since it worked for me in a way no other hair product has, I do not mind the price. I was skeptical about buying it for a long long time, but I’m happy I finally did. One bottle will easily last you more than 6 months, since you need a very small amount of the product each time.
Pros of Kerastase Elixir Ultime- Moringa Immortel:
- Smooth, runny serum- spreads on hair easily
- Tames frizz
- Does not weigh down my thin hair
- Has eliminated my split-end problem- I have almost no split ends now
- Works at making the hair soft and manageable
- Imparts shine to the hair
- Protects the hair from heat
- Deeply conditions (when used as a pre-wash treatment)
- Smells good
- Nice packaging, travel friendly
- One bottle would last a long time!
- Easily available at all major salon chains in India
Cons of Kerastase Elixir Ultime- Moringa Immortel: Pricey it is, but price is always a subjective point, imho!
Verdict: If you have split ends and weak, brittle hair, you MUST try the Kerastase Elixir Ultime- Moringa Immortel. It works like magic! Skip two hair-spa sessions and invest in this bottle instead, you will love it for sure! And the results will last you longer than a hair-spa at the salon.
Have you tried the Kerastase Elixir Ultimes? Do share your experiences below 🙂