I shared an image of my travel skincare essentials on my Instagram handle after my last trip and some of you were really curious to know details on a few products. I’ve done a similar post in the past, and realized that my regime has changed quite a bit in the last two years since I did that post.
So here I am with all my current travel essentials for summer, and why I love them, or not! 🙂
1. My skin saviour- Vichy Normaderm 3-in-1 cleanser scrub mask: This is my HG travel skincare companion/ essential. I seriously cannot travel without this one. Now, I have very oily, acne prone skin. And the moment I reach another city, or say, the water/ climate changes, my skin goes cray cray! I get a sudden bout of huge whiteheads on my nose and chin, and weird amounts of oil secretions. It is just a gross situation. This one product has been helping me avoid that since long! I am on my third tube already, and we aren’t parting ways anytime soon! So when I’m travelling, this is the first thing that I apply on my face after getting up. I leave it on like a mask, and let it work for about 10 minutes, before lightly scrubbing and washing it off. And voila- smooth skin with controlled oil, and minimal whiteheads! It is a multi tasker!
Price: Rs. 449. Availability: Flipkart
2. Sunscreen- Nivea Sun Moisturising ‘Immediate Sun Protection’ SPF 50 PA++: Also known as the ‘imported version’ at shops here in Delhi, I had heard a lot about this product from a few friends who swear by it, and I too can now vouch for it’s efficacy. During my recent summer trip to Rajasthan, it helped save me from tanning majorly. I’d say I just picked up 5% of the tan that I normally would have without this product, and I am someone who tans with just 5 minutes in the sun! It is THAT good! It is non-sticky and sweat resistant to a good extent. Must have!!!
Price: Rs. 425 for 125mL. Availability: Flipkart
3. Tinted lip balm: Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm- Electro Pop lip balms are my go-to products for travel. These deliver a good punch of color, and kep the lips moisturised for long. When it gets particularly hot during travel, I sometimes skip lipstick, and wear just these lip balms. Love them!
Price: Rs. 135. Availability: Flipkart
4. Hand cream: Innisfree Jeju Cedar Wood hand cream has been my go-to product these days. It has a nice woody fragrance that I adore, and it keeps the hands moisturised yet non-greasy. Perfect for travel.
Price: Approx. Rs. 300 Availability: At Innisfree stores (Delhi, Gurgaon)
5. Facial spray: Innisfree Green Tea mineral mist is my current travel companion. I like keeping a facial mist in my handbag at all times. A nice, cooling mist on the skin is just what you need when the sun is literally burning your skin. I sometimes also spray some mist on my hands and feet if they get too hot, and it keeps the skin cool.
6. Dry shampoo: Sephora express dry shampoo– I had some amount of this product left in the cannister, so on this trip, I carried this with me to finish it up, and re-discovered my love for it. It instantly gives a fresh life to my otherwise fine and limp hair, since I have a very greasy scalp. Also, who doesn’t love nice smelling hair? 🙂
Price: ~Rs. 520. Availability: At Sephora
7. Toilet sanitizer: Now, when you are travelling across India, it is very difficult to find a toilet sometimes (especially on road trips), let alone a clean one! I cannot imagine travelling without a toilet seat sanitizer in my bag. Just spray some around the area you are planning to use, and attend to nature’s call, without the stress of contracting a UTI. Elavo toilet seat sanitizer is a nice one to try. Can be picked up from chemist stores.
Price: ~Rs. 200 Availability: Chemist stores.
Also check out: Pee Safe toilet seat sanitizer
8. Mini perfume: CK Eternity variants are my favorite to travel with. These are my signature perfumes, and are very classy, very versatile perfumes that stay for a long time on the skin.
Price: Variable. Availability: Flipkart
9. Sunnies: A must-have hand-bag accessory if you are going out during the day. Don’t need to say much!
10. A hat! Another essential to save the head and face from direct sunlight.
Couldn’t find any cool ones online 🙁 Forever 21 has some nice ones in-store.
What are your travel favorites? Do share in the comments below 🙂