ColourPop Super Shock Shadows & Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks: Review, swatches
It has been quite some time since I reviewed products regularly. I bought so much makeup for/ during my wedding that it all became a little overwhelming for me, and difficult to decide which products to start reviewing with. Anyhoo, I promise to be regular with the blogs from now and get you more of the wedding/ bridal series soon. Today, let’s take a look at some ColourPop products I bought some time back.
Shopping experience: I placed the order online on their website and had to pay about $10 for international shipping to New Delhi, India. The order arrived in just a few days, everything perfectly secure inside a cardboard box with lots of bubble wrap inside. I did not have to pay any customs duty (Dad received the package, so I’m not 100% sure). I personally prefer buying makeup directly from international websites, even if that means additional shipping and customs- this way, at least I am sure of the authenticity.
I picked up two value sets from them- one each for the eyes and lips. Value sets are my preferred product choice when shopping international coz: 1. I never end up finishing a product anyway, so it’s better to pick up smaller packs and 2. this way, I get to try more shades.
Colourpop ‘Zingara’ eyeshadow set
The set consists of 4 ColourPop Super Shock eyeshadows:
- Paradox: warm satin burgundy red- goes well with most Indian outfits for evenings
- Elixir: matte terracotta- my favorite shade for crease contouring
- Seeker: matte warm reddish brown- another great one, best used for a soft smokey eye over a darker base
- Jinxie: soft pearlized gold- great for inner corner and brow-bone highlight work
I have to mention here that these eyeshadows have the most amazing texture and finish, and probably are the most buttery eyeshadows to touch (eyeshadow-gasm!). You need to touch them for real to know what I’m talking about.
Coming to the color payoff, I find these to be nicely pigmented, but these definitely need a good eye primer for use on the lids. In the pictures below, I wore these without a primer and you can see these don’t look very pigmented. With a primer, these do stay for a good 6-7 hours.
ColourPop ‘It’s Vintage’ Ultra Matte lip set
Matte lips are all the craze right now in the beauty world, and I couldn’t be happier coz I am a big fan of mattes! I picked up this set with 5 miniature lip liquids (miniature, but enough to last me a long time). The set has the following Ultra Matte lip colors:
- Lax: An earthy maroon shade, perfect for winter evenings or to be worn as a stand-alone makeup product (with neutral eyes).
- Bianca: Not for me, this is a milky pink which will suit a limited complexion range. Pick it if you like it, though!
- Love Bug: My favorite earthy brown right now.
- Notion: A gorgeous deep plum which instantly brightens up the complexion.
- Tulle: Your everyday pinky-brown shade which works well for all occassions
These lip colors settle to a perfectly matte finish within a minute of application, and once set, these are budge proof! The formula stays comfortable for 3-4 hours, after which it tends to crumble a little bit, and you need to clean your lips completely and apply a fresh coat of the color since any double layering leads to the color balling up on your lips, You could apply a little lip balm and make it softer though, but if you still need a fresh coat, you need to start from step-1. Nicely prepped lips before application are a MUST!
Below are all the lip shades on me. I am also wearing the eye-shadows in these pics (without an eye primer).
Hope you liked the swatches. Do share your favorites in the comments below.