Hi everyone. This post is about the ever so beautiful dusky Indian girls, adored by everyone.
The general idea of a beautiful girl is about someone who is extremely fair, very tall, slim, i.e. to say that only fair girls are considered beautiful in most parts of our country. People in India seem to be obsessed with fairness, and this reflects in the general mindset towards dusky girls. They are looked down upon even by their own parents, not to say, the society at large is always biased towards them. They would frequently be rejected for marriage based on their skin color. To top it all, television and other forms of media rampantly show advertisements about products meant to make them fair. But then, that is just a business opportunity for the companies making such products, because they just want to cash-in on the people’s obsession for fairness.
Well, here’s a small compilation on all the beautiful ladies that defy this rule, and yet are beautiful in their own ways:
1. Bipasha Basu: She is the epitome of being a dusky beauty. Smart, stylish, and completely confident in her skin. This Bengali beauty is a known fitness freak, and has an enviable figure ever since we know her.
2. Deepika Padukone: Another of bollywod’s famous actresses, she is also known for her combination of beauty with brains. This tall and beautiful actress has caught the attention of everyone for her impeccable looks. Nothing can take away the limelight from her, be it her debut with Shahrukh Khan, or her affair with Ranbir Kapoor or Siddharth Mallya.
3. Priyanka Chopra: Our very own Miss World for the year 2000, she is a famous Bollywood actress. She has many a hit films in her kitty. She is also a National Award winner for the Best Actress category in 2010 for her role in the movie ‘Fashion’. Below is her pic where she is receiving the award from the Honorable President of India, Smt. Pratibha Patil.
4. Lara Dutta: Miss Universe 2000, Lara Dutta is known for her roles in comedy films in Bollywood. She is now the wife of tennis player Mahesh Bhupati, and they are both the proud parents of a daughter, whom they have named Saira.
5. Freida Pinto: An actress of Indian origin, she is known for her role of Latika in the 2008 Academy Award winning filmSlumdog Millionaire. She has featured in People magazine’s “Most Beautiful People List” and “List of World’s Best Dressed Women”. She has also featured in the “Top 99 Most Desirable Women” poll conducted byAskmen.com in 2010.
She has also been listed in the top ten list of the fashion magazine Vogue
‘s 2009 annual list of the most stylish women
6. Kajol: The actress with a recors for most Best Actress awards at the Filmfare Awards, and a Padma Shree for her contribution to the Indian cinema in the year 2011, she is also a loving wife and a doting mother. Her on-screen chemistry with actor Shah Rukh Khan is considered one of the best in the hindi film industry so far.
7. Nandita Das: She is best known for her performances in Deepa Mehta’s films Fire and Earth. She is also the first Indian woman to be inducted into the International Women’s Forum‘s hall of fame.
8. Chitrangada Singh: She won heart of millions of people by her role in her debut movie Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi in the year 2005.
Hope you liked this post.
Would you like to add any names to the list?
Disclaimer: I do not wish to rank any personality here.