This sunday, let’s check out some pointers on keeping the skin cool and calm, because the summers here are really bothering us all, I’m sure!
1. Drink lotsa water! As always, the most obvious pointer! 😛 It flushes out toxins from within, and gives you clear skin. Also, the hydration level of the skin can be maintained.
2. Use ice cubes to massage on the skin. You can use plain water ice cubes, or freeze some green tea/ rose water to make ice cubes, and use them instead of the regular ice cubes. These basically keep the skin cool, shrink the pores, reduce oil secretion on the face, and help make-up stay put for longer on the skin. Also, any inflammation/ upcoming acne can be controlled too!
– If you are not comfortable applying ice cubes to the face directly, soak a few cotton pads in cold water, squeeze and apply to the skin. Or, wrap an ice cube in a handkerchief and then use on the skin.
3. Cold curd pack: We all tan! That’s the one thing which we always associate with summers, and in our part of the world, nobody likes to tan! When feeling lazy, just scoop out a spoonful of curd from the regrigerator, and apply to the skin. Leave it for about 10 minutes, and then wash off. This is the simplest and easiest recipe to remove tan, and it works! Works best as an after-sun-exposure remedy.
4. Aloe vera gel: Whatever be your skin type, aloe vera gel is one thing everyone can use. Plant aloe vera in your balcony/ terrace, and cut out a one-inch piece every morning. Split the leaf, scoop out the gel and apply to the face. It will keep the skin hydrated, bacteria-free, and nourished, minus the stickiness of other moisturisers. Also, it imparts a subtle glow to the skin.
5. Keep a cooling face freshener handy. You can either buy a rose-water bottle with a pump, to spray onto the face on the go! Or make your own facial spray. In a bottle, take clean water (preferably mineral water), add a few drops of lavender oil, peppermint oil. If you have problem skin, add 1-2 drops of tea-tree oil. Mix, and keep int he refrigerator. Your DIY face freshener is ready! Spray some on your face whenever your skin feels dull/ tired.
Apart from these, necessary precautions such as using a hat/ scarve to protect the skin from direct sun exposure, using sunscreen, etc. are also important!
What do you do to keep your skin cool in the summers? Do share your tips below!
Images courtesy: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5