This post is a picture tutorial on how to make small eyes look bigger. It was requested by Sonu.
Sonu is a college going girl, so I would try to keep the look simple.
You will need:
1. A kajal pencil. If you use a water-proof pencil, it can double up as eyeliner and kohl, thus saving money. I suggest Maybelline Colossal for the same.
2. A skin-coloured eyeshadow. You may use the regular compact too.
3. A concealer for under-eye dark circles, if needed
4. An eyelash curler (very important). Check out Vega or Basicare for affordable ones.
5. Mascara- Again, I suggest using Maybelline Hyper-curl mascara for the day and Maybelline Colossal for the evenings.
6. An eyeshadow brush. Optional again.
1. Start with bare, moisturised eye.
2. Pick up a skin-coloured eyeshadow on a brush (as marked in the image below). You may use your compact too.
Apply the eyeshadow/ compact over the entire lid to keep the skin oil-free.
3. Pick up a darker taupe shade on the brush. (This can be done for the evenings.)
Apply the taupe eyeshadow on the crease. I have used the lightest possible strokes, to give the illusion of a deep crease. Use deeper strokes for evenings.
4. Next, I used a black gel liner to line the eyes. I used Maybelline gel liner. You can use any black eyeliner, depending on whether you prefer gel/ liquid/ pencil eyeliners.
First, create two dots on the upper lash line, as shown in the pics. One dot on the outer corner, and the second dot on the centre of the lash line. This is just for practice. Once you get a hang of this procedure, you may skip the dotting.
Join the dots.
Next, extend this line towards the inner corner of the lash line, tapering down the line. Leave out the tear duct area (the extreme inner corner).
Next, on the outer corner, wing out the eyeliner upwards.
Next, use a kajal pencil for the lower lash line.
Line the lower lash line outside the inner rim.
We are doing this because we do not want to use a white/ n*de coloured pencil on the lash line here, since this look is meant for the day. Using a white/ n*de pencil creates a lot of drama, and also it does not suit all skin tones. So I skipped it here. Leaving some space above the line of kohl does the job of using a white/ n*de pencil.
Also, the line has to cover only 2/3rd of the lower lash line. Do not extend it all the way inside, else the eyes will look closed/ smaller.
Smudge the kohl. Use a q-tip if you don’t have a pencil brush.
Curl lashes using an eyelash curler. It will instantly open up the eyes further.
Apply concealer to cover any dark circles, and mascara on the lashes.
The final effect.
A comparison with bare eye.
I went ahead and added a wash of a pale highlighter on the inner corner of the eye.
The final effect again!
The whole idea here is to create a C-shape around the eyes, leaving the inner corner bare. This will make the eyes open up. You may add eyeshadows, depending on the occasion. I have used a few basic eyeshadows here, but for college wear, those are skippable. Only eyeliner/ kohl should do, along with mascara.
I hope this was helpful. Please do leave feedback in the comments below.