If you have been puzzled by the series of Sigma brush reviews on the Blog lately, well, here’s why!
I bought a few brushes from Real Techniques last week. This was a combined haul with Bharti of Crazy Pop Lock Blog
. She shopped for some RT brushes for her birthday, and well, I was so tempted by her post, that when she asked me on WhatsApp if I wanted to place an order with her, I couldn’t say NO!
So here’s what we bought:
- Your Base/ Flawless core collection ($17.99)
- Your eyes/ enhanced starter set ($17.99)
- Your finish/ perfected setting brush ($7.99)
- Your finish/ perfected blush brush ($8.99)
The last two items belong to Bharti, though I have already told her that I have full intentions of stealing them 😛 lol
The brushes look awesome, and for a first opinion, they are very soft to touch. Will update you all with the reviews soon!
Shopping experience with iHerb.com
- The package came to me not-so-well-packaged. The box just had some brown paper at the bottom, and the brushes were just kept in the box without any bubble wrap. Slightly disappointed there!
- The parcel reached me in about a week from the date of placing the order, which is quite a feat for an international order.
- iHerb charges approx $12 for shipping international orders via DHL
- Since this was my first order, I got a discount of about $10
- I also got a 5% discount as part of a May-month promotion. Thus with both the discounts, the shipping was almost free!
- Got a sample of organic lemon tea free!
Why I hate living in South Delhi:
I love love love being a Delhiite, I’m a pucca Delhiite at heart! They say, once you live in Delhi, you can not live anywhere else in India! Have always been living in South Delhi, but of late, I have started to think that this is a big disadvantage!
Why? Coz I think the Customs Department likes to attack us South Delhiites with bonus customs duty on EVERY international order. When I get orders delivered to my office (which is not in south Delhi), I don’t have to pay customs duty. Bharti didn’t have to pay customs duty on her iHerb order. But I paid a customs duty on my order, a total of Rs. 1937! This is when the total worth of the parcel was not written on the outside! DO they open and check? Do they charge by weight? No clue!
So, I’m guessing, where you are getting the orders delivered in Delhi, is what attracts customs duty. I have paid more than Rs. 5000 as customs duty in the last 6 months, and I think I’m done with any other international orders for the rest of this year!
Customs Deptt., it was nice knowing you all! I’m not filling your pockets any more! >.<
Dear Delhi, I still love you! :*
If you live in South Delhi, please have your orders delivered to a friend/ relative’s place or your office, in some other part of Delhi.
For now, I’m just happy to have the Real Techniques brushes in my custody! 😀
On another note, if you want to buy anything from iHerb.com
, and if you want to avail the first-order discount
, you can use the code NVH669
for the same. Enter the code at the time of check-out, and the discount will be applied to your order.